Re: Open WebMail Project

Account for Debian group mail <debian@pcez.com>:

>  Has anyone tried the Open WebMail Project located at:
>  http://openwebmail.org/ ?

As a user, yes.  My old (now defunct) ISP offered it.  I thought it
was alright.  I could stand it when I had to use it, and I imagine
Windows users would be comfortable with it.

>  I'm looking for a new open webmail program to replace the old webmail I'm
>  using now on my mail servers. This looks OK from what I have seen on the
>  surface but it does use CGI's instead of PHP which I think PHP's would be
>  a better choice.

No idea, sorry.  Frankly, I prefer CGI's over PHP, but I'm also the
type who would use C for his CGIs.  :-)

>  One of the things I'm looking for is the ability to work with large mail
>  files. I'm kind of surprised that "Open WebMail Project" in not included in
>  Debian...

I've had mail fail at new ISP when something truly despicable was
waiting, but I don't remember that happening w OWM.