Re: A GPG question

Dan H. wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> this is not s strict Debian question but it is so small and easy that it's
> not worth subscribung to a GPG list for.
>
> Q: How can I remove an email address from my GPG key? I'm changing jobs, so
> one of my three addresses won't be valid any more. Do I have to make a new
> key pair from scratch? If so, how can my "web of trust" (I don't have one so
> this is rather theoretical) be transferred from the old to the new key?

You can revoke identities from your key.  'gpg --edit <the key>' and
then use 'revuid'.  Don't forget to save and upload to a keyserver your
modified key afterwards.

/M

magnus@therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning@gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus

What if I don't want to obey the laws? Do they throw me in jail with
the other bad monads?
     -- Daveman