Re: print a sample of all fonts?

T o n g <mlist4suntong@yahoo.com> wrote:
Tong> On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 21:53:56 +0000, i'll teach you to turn away. wrote:
>> is there a way to have gimp or whatever print a sample of each
>> font on the system without manually writing them all out? tia.
Tong> For example, to document all the fonts on the system, you can
Tong>  slocate -ir '\.ttf$' | xargs -i echo 'convert {} /tmp/`basename {}`.gif' | sh

	whoa, that's insane. you're my new favorite coder of the day.
thanks a lot!

lish                                                "who you don't hurt
crank@got.net                                 will never know you." -lh