Re: unresponsive system

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Douglas A. Tutty dtutty@porchlight.ca
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 23:13:46 -0500
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: unresponsive system

On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 03:40:28PM -0500, Brian McKee wrote:

> I'm not sure what exactly that IBM disc was calling a 'controller'
> error - since the other tests it ran on that drive it passed......

I've only seen that error once on IBM's advanced diagnostics.  It was
what it said: the IDE controller on the MB; the drive was fine.

Doug.

>From my experience there are three parts to the "disk"-the disk itself, the
controller which is the hardware that runs the disk (these days usually on
the motherboard) and the driver, the soft/firmware that manages the disk
via the controller.
Larryh