Re: nvidia driver problem [Was: new user question: debian on a Thinkpad T61]

On Jan 24, 2008 8:54 PM, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
[...]
> You could get the unstable nvidia-glx source package and build it
> using Stable tools.  Might not work, though, because the latest
> nvidia drivers are built with modern tool versions.
>
> I'd suggest moving up to Lenny/testing.

I'd rather stick with stable.  I went and looked at the howtos for a
mixed system, and it didn't seem too difficult.  Unfortunately, the
unstable nvidia-glx depends on unstable versions of a lot of important
packages, like libx11, libc6, xserver-xorg-core, (and the unstable
kernel version too? it could have been something else), so I decided I
didn't want to upgrade that much.

I think I will go with the nvidia installer.  I'll post back with
results of how that goes.

Thanks
--
Jimmy Wu