Re: Nice GUI/CLI Password Manager for Linux

On Fri January 25 2008, Joey Hess wrote:
> vim + gpg
>
> vim can be configured to automatically use gpg to decrypt *.gpg files
> when they're read and re-encrypt thenm when saving. The decrypted data
> never touches the disk (though encrypting your swap partition too wouldn't
> hurt).
>
> Dump the following in your .vimrc:

ok, I have gpg and I can en/decrypt files with it, and i DO use VI.. but I
didn't have a .vimrc file, so I created one, and added your STUFF to it. Now
when I start vim I get this:
 vim fred
Error detected while processing /home/pbc/.vimrc:
line    1:
E319: Sorry, the command is not available in this version: augroup encrypted
line    2:
E319: Sorry, the command is not available in this version:     au!
line    6:
E319: Sorry, the command is not available in this version:     autocmd
BufReadPre,FileReadPre      *.gpg set viminfo=
line    8:
E319: Sorry, the command is not available in this version:     autocmd
BufReadPre,FileReadPre      *.gpg set noswapfile
line   10:
E319: Sorry, the command is not available in this version:     autocmd
BufReadPre,FileReadPre      *.gpg set bin
line   11:
E319: Sorry, the command is not available in this version:     autocmd
BufReadPre,FileReadPre      *.gpg let ch_save = &ch|set ch=2
line   12:
E319: Sorry, the command is not available in this version:     autocmd
BufReadPost,FileReadPost    *.gpg '[,']!gpg --decrypt 2> /dev/null
line   14:
E319: Sorry, the command is not available in this version:     autocmd
BufReadPost,FileReadPost    *.gpg set nobin
line   15:
E319: Sorry, the command is not available in this version:     autocmd
BufReadPost,FileReadPost    *.gpg let &ch = ch_save|unlet ch_save
line   16:
E319: Sorry, the command is not available in this version:     autocmd
BufReadPost,FileReadPost    *.gpg execute ":doautocmd BufReadPost " .
expand("%:r")
line   19:
E319: Sorry, the command is not available in this version:     autocmd
BufWritePre,FileWritePre
*.gpg   '[,']!gpg --default-key=CCFBD33F --default-recipient-self -ae
2>/dev/null
line   22:
E319: Sorry, the command is not available in this version:     autocmd
BufWritePost,FileWritePost    *.gpg   u
line   23:
E319: Sorry, the command is not available in this version: augroup END
Press ENTER or type command to continue

$ vim --version
VIM - Vi IMproved 7.1 (2007 May 12, compiled Dec 18 2007 15:26:40)
Included patches: 1-175
Compiled by jamessan@debian.org

--
Paul Cartwright