using 32bit glibc/libgcc on a 64bit machine

Hi,
I would like to copy glibc/libgcc (in particular, libc.so.
6,libgcc_s.so.1) for a 32bit machine onto a 64bit machine.  Would
using the 32bit glibc/libgcc on the 64bit machine work?
The reason I ask is that I've been getting the following error:

Bin/libc.so.6: symbol _dl_out_of_memory, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not
defined in file ld-linux.so.2 with link time reference

and wonder if the above is the main issue.
Thanks.