getting started with spamassasin

Hi.
I'd like to get spamassasin going on my desktop (testing/lenny). Mail
enters this box via fetchmail which was configured to poll an imap
server. Exim delivers it to the users. The procmail package is installed.
Configuration of fetchmail was done by fetchmailconf, no special exim
tricks. So, the mail system is pretty much Debian default.

Still, I am a bit confused by the official spamassasin docs. There are
just too many ways to do things. What is the easiest way to activate
spamassasin on my box?

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak