Grub serial console does not work

Hi,

I'm using since several years the serial console to get the grub menu
from a headless PC, that I configured following the instruction of the
Remote Serial Console HOWTO [1]. I'm now replacing the machine with a
mini-itx assembled with an Intel D201GLY2 board [2]. Using the same
configuration the grub menu appears ("Press any key to continue") only
on the local monitor, while the output on the serial console starts
working only when the kernel boots off.

Any idea which test may I do to understand where the problem is?

Thanks in advance.
Jimmi

[1]http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Remote-Serial-Console-HOWTO/configure-kernel-
grub.html