Re: How to use Mutt?

On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 11:41:38AM +0000, Pantor wrote:

> It is correct. Because Mutt is written not for humans.
> To configure Mutt for use it is the same as configure mechanical typing
> machine through USB connection for use instead for a keyboard.

Oh it's not that bad!

For the OP: I use and love mutt and agree that all MUAs suck, but mutt
sucks least.

I started out using Pine at uni. Pine is ok as far as an MUA goes, but
after a while you start to come across its limitations and you can't
make it do *exactly* what you want.

So my suggestion is to try Pine first (maybe look at Alpine which is the
next generation Pine. This is in sid and lenny. If you're running Etch,
there is prolly a backport or you can install pine-tracker (I think
that's what it's called) which provides an easy way to install Pine on
Etch.

Once you have used Pine for a bit and tweaked it to do as much as it can
for you, then try the leap to mutt. You could keep using pico to edit in
mutt until you are ready to move onto something tastier. (Vim of course,
not Emacs.)

cheers

dc

--
David Purton
dcpurton@marshwiggle.net

For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to
strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.
                                 2 Chronicles 16:9a