Re: problemas

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 11:20:51PM +0100, Carlos Enrique Carleos Artime wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have a home network with three computers (A, B and C).
>
> Computer A has a direct connection to internet by a cable-modem.
> It has interfaces:
> - eth0 to internet, uses DHCP
> - eth1 to computer B, static IP-address: 192.168.0.2
> Its operating system is Debian etch, with default
> IPMASQ configuration.  I added:
>  route add -net 192.168.2.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 gw 192.168.0.1 eth1
> to /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh (first) and to /etc/init.d/ipmasq (then)

On Debian, you shouldn't have to do the rout add thing.  ipmasq will
likly just work on its own, and you may just confuse it.

Give us your /etc/network/interfaces file on machine A.

[snip B and C as they seem (from your example tests) to be working fine.

> Does anybody know a solution for that?
>
> I read documents about IPmasq and IPtables, but understood not enough.
> I tried examples in /usr/share/doc/ipmasq/basic but failed.

The ipmasq package sets up a basic masquerading firewall based on the
'net' being in the direction of the default route.  If you want more
control of the firewall, install the shorewall-doc package, read it,
then remove ipmasq and install shorewall.  While some people write raw
iptables firewalls themselves, most on this list (last I saw a poll) use
shorewall.  If you know PF on BSD, you'll feel comfortable with
shorewall.

You'll also need to turn on IP forwarding in /etc/sysctl.conf

In your example lines, I saw the word KNOPPIX.  I thought that was a
live CD thingy.  If you are using that, then my reply may not make sense
since KNOPPIX will set things up differently from Debian and you should
ask on a KNOPPIX list.

Doug.