Re: vanishing spam -- a puzzle

On 01/21/2008 11:42 AM, Russell L. Harris wrote:
About a week ago, the volume of spam (flagged by SpamAssassin at the
outfit which hosts my web site and supplies me with a pop3 account)
suddenly plumeted by an order of magnitude.  I had been receiving
about a thousand spam mails each day; now I am receiving only about a
hundred.

Perhaps school/work starting back up after a holiday break has a bunch of bored script kiddies busy with more important things to do?

--
Kind Regards,
Michael Shuler