Re: How to link name to IP address in DHCP request

hce:

> I have several computers which all use DHCP (udhcpc) to get IP
> addresses. They have simple web server on it so I can connect it to
> use a brower such as http://192.168.0.6. The problem is I don't know
> the IP address it is assigned to. How can I send DHCP request to link
> computer's name to assigned IP address, so I can use http://Debian1 to
> connect it?

Your clients have to send their host name when requesting an IP address.
I don't know udhcpc, but with the regular dhcp-dhclient3 you have to
edit /etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf:

send host-name "thismachinesname";

J.
--
I am worried that my dreams pale in comparison beside TV docu-soaps.
[Agree]   [Disagree]