Re: dist-upgrade problem (was Re: /etc/modutils/0keep: line 9: keep: command not found)

tom arnall wrote:
On Sunday 20 January 2008 14:32, Marty wrote:

The simplest solution is to start with a new drive.  Unplug and remove your
current drive if it contains anything valuable, put it in a safe place.  As
the saying goes, when you're  stuck in the hole, stop digging.

don't have a new drive. what's the next option?

That's a tough one. I can only tell you what I would do. It may not apply or be the best solution in your circumstances. You are still running and have internet access, so I would focus on saving your critical data and forget about the botched upgrade for the time being. Consider backup to USB key, DVD, whatever is available. Consider rsync for backup (man rsync), be be careful because it's very powerful and you could easily wipe out your data instead of saving it.