Re: dist-upgrade problem (was Re: /etc/modutils/0keep: line 9: keep: command not found)

On Sunday 20 January 2008 12:37, Marty wrote:
> tom arnall wrote:
> > Marty,
> >
> > should i be concerned about the following. i did this without pointing
> > sources.list to the new repository.
>
> Well, fix that.  :-)
>
> > loro@debian:~$ sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
>
> It's a typical cascade of errors caused by the first few individual package
> dependency problems.  Again I don't know what dist-upgrade did, but dselect
> should recover or at least fix most of the problems, assuming you address
> the permissions issues in /etc raised by Daniel and point to the right
> repository. Good luck.  Keep posting if you have problems.  If may be a
> hard slog, but you can probably be walked though this.

thanks for the help Marty. i have decided to do a reset and reinstall. i broke
my system doing the 'chmod -R 777 /dev' and i think i just need to bite the
bullet and do what others recommended back then. not doing it and asking for
help with some of the consequent problems is really a bit much ;o).

tom arnall
arcata