Re: removing gnome

On Jan 20, 12:30 pm, Paul Cartwright <a...@pcartwright.com> wrote:

> I run KDE only, yet I have had problems with gnome screensaver taking over,
> and other issues.

> so what can I safely remove from my system and not affect my KDE setup?
> gdm ? gnome-desktop??

I'm no Linux expert, but I've been running Fluxbox for a year and
using Gnome and KDE programs whenever I need them. Why do you feel the
need to remove Gnome?  I don't think it uses huge amounts of resources
(unless you have a need for hard disk space). As for individual apps,
like the screensaver, just disable it

http://www.gnome.org/learn/access-guide/latest/ats-6.html

Then if there's a KDE screensaver you like better, use that.

RD