Re: Where do you put your swap partition?

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008, David Brodbeck shared this with us all:
>--}
>--} On Jan 18, 2008, at 2:18 PM, tofu.oni@gmail.com wrote:
>--} > What do you guys think?
>--}
>--} I think you should add RAM until you don't swap. :)
>--}
>--}

Interesting.

It's like people lucky enough to have broadband, thought that all the world
must be on broadband. So when someone asked why they were finding many
websites to be so slow, some answered just get broadband. We were on dial up
till the beginning of this year because there was no broadband of any sort
available here. Some people are still on dialup here and other parts of the
world. We can now get satellite. Not much faster in most cases.

There would be people who can't afford more RAM, or have machines for which
RAM is no longer available I suppose.

So the answer is interesting.

Charlie
--