Re: which to use: ext3, JFS, XFS, ReiserFS?

Joe Brenner wrote:
Douglas A. Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca> wrote:

Reiserfs = designed by one person who has had some kind of problems (I
haven't looked into it).  If damage occurs (e.g. unclean shutdown), may
not be able to fix the damage and loses data.

I've been using resierfs for some time (including on a flaky laptop)
and I've never seen that problem come up.

Have to agree, from my limited experience.
I used reiserfs for about two and a half years with the Debian derivative, Libranet, sometime ago - therefore early in its development, and never had a problem.
Regards,

--
David Palmer
Linux User - #352034