Re: pppoeconf / Verizon DSL

Larry writes:
> What I'm thinking is maybe Verizon gives people different modems.  My
> modem says it's a DSL2+Router, so maybe it would work if it was just a
> DSL2 modem without the Router?

Pppoeconfig will work if the modem is configured for bridge mode (like
mine) but not if it is configured as a router (like yours).  I suggest
that you follow Mike Bird's advice below.  You are making it more complex
than it is.

> Does anyone know how I can fix the "Cannot determine ethernet address for
> proxy ARP"?

Ignore it.  It's just a warning that, in this case, means nothing.

--
John Hasler