Re: bash history

Adam Hardy wrote:
I use alot of console windows in X as well as having shells and ssh shells open sometimes for the same user. I notice that bash doesn't save every command immediately and loses the history from simultaneous bash sessions, when they are not the last session to close.

Is that normal? Or is there some sort of caching that I can configure better?

set -o histappend

appends the history file instead of overwriting it.

Also, have a look at the variable HISTCONTROL and HISTIGNORE

--
Raj Kiran Grandhi