Re: [OT] top posting

On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 04:57:15PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 01/15/08 16:46, Alex Samad wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 07:28:15AM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:

> >> Exotic mathematics without a grounding in reality is medieval
> >> philosophy trying to determine how many angels can dance on the head
> >> of a pin.
> >
> > I see you are so wise in the ways of science?
> > and thus understand
> >
> > "
> > If she weighed the same as a duck... she's made of wood.
> >  And therefore...
> > ...A witch!
> > "
>
> Sure I understand it.  Anyone who doesn't, doesn't deserve to have a
> computer, much less be on this list.

The problem, the oft-overlooked side comment made by one of the
peasants. Small rocks float. So though she may weigh the same as a
duck, she could be made of rock, in which case "Burn Her!" is not an
appropriate solution.

So to test the hypothesis that she's made of wood, one must attempt to
burn her and determine the results. If she burns, she's made of wood
and therefore...
...A witch!

-or-

if she doesn't burn, she's made of small rocks and therefore...
...A witch!

qed.