Re: segmentation fault but why?

On Sat, Jan 12, 2008 at 13:39:12 -0500, chris dunn wrote:
> Running scanimage -L as root (su) yields the correct answer and identifies my
> scanner.
>
> Running scanimage -L as user yields "Segmentation fault" only.
>
> Does anyone have a suggestion as to why this might be, and how I can identify
> the reason for the problem?

Install the "strace" package if you do not have it already.

Run as the normal user:

strace -f scanimage -L 2>scanimage.strace

Then you can check the end of the file scanimage.strace for clues. If
you cannot make sense of it then you can send the output of

tail -n50 scanimage.strace

to this list. (Please do NOT post the entire strace file!)

          Florian   |