Re: passing argument with brace expansion to script

On Sun, Jan 13, 2008 at 07:59:52PM +0100, Andreas Berglund wrote:
> Hi!
> I have a script to which I would like to pass an argument that contains
> brace expansion, but I want the expansion to be evaluated in the script,
> not before it gets passed along. Does annyone know how to do that?

Generally single or double quotes will "protect" arguments against
expansion in a shell command.  The quotes are removed in the process,
so the arguments should be available separately inside the script.
Bash brace expansion is kind of a special case, though, and I'm not
sure it'll work this way...  Some simple tests would answer the question.

Ken

--
Ken Irving, fnkci+debianuser@uaf.edu