Re: find the blocksize of a FS

On Saturday 12 January 2008 23:38 Jan C. Nordholz wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> > is there a way to get the blocksize of an FS thru /proc or something
>> > else that doesn't rely on the utils (dumpe2fs, xfs_info) to be
>> > installed?
>>
>> Not that I can see. You can query the disk geometry, but proc is too
>> low level to know about what filesystems are on the devices.
>> /proc/filesystems only gives what filesystems the kernel supports.
>
> you could code up a C snippet:
>
> ] echo -e '#define PATH_TO_MOUNTED_FS "..."
> ]   #include <sys/statvfs.h>
> ]   #include <stdio.h>
> ]   int main() { struct statvfs V; statvfs(PATH_TO_MOUNTED_FS, &V);
> ]                printf("%u\\n", V.f_bsize); return 0; }' |
> ] gcc -x c - -o /tmp/fsbsq && /tmp/fsbsq

hmm looks like a starting point, I'm trying to get to that info with python,
if all else fails I think the python ctypes module should be able to get
that info thru the C interface.

thanks

--
http://noneisyours.marcher.name
http://feeds.feedburner.com/NoneIsYours

You are not free to read this message,
by doing so, you have violated my licence
and are required to urinate publicly. Thank you.