Re: V?: aptitude reinstall from file contained package names?

2008/1/12, Douglas A. Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca>:
> On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 09:47:21PM +0100, Paul Csanyi wrote:
> > 2008/1/9, Douglas A. Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca>:
> > > On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 02:37:30PM +0100, Paul Csanyi wrote:
> >
> > > If what you asked for really worked, then you would loose the main
> > > benefit of aptitude: keeping track of shifting dependancies and cruft
> > > controll.  Everything would appear to be automatically installed.
> >
> > After all, I use aptitude to reinstall everything.
> >

> You mean that you mark __every__ package as manually installed?

No, I mean I used aptitude from a visual interface and there
search for the installed packages. When I find one, I hit Shift + L
to mark it for reinstall.

If I mark too many packages, it happen that that aptitude can't
to reinstall them all together.

When I tried to reinstall all installed packages from a file
that contains the names of installed packages, it happen
the same. Aptitude can't to reinstall all installed packages
all together.

So I decided to use aptitude from a visual interface for
this task.

I did this job within 1 hour or so. :)

--
Regards, Paul Csanyi