Re: OT: Flash memory

On 01/11/08 10:51, ISHWAR RATTAN wrote:

It is way off but some one will direct me to
the right place..

I am interested in knowing the storage and access
architecture of 'Flash Memory'.

Storage: how is the storage viewed? Contiguous or
block based, is it possible to have random access etc.
As comparison to hard-disk scenario is the access
overhead (seek/rtotational/transfer delays) - do such
concepts apply to flash memory?

Access: USB interface is serial by nature, so, is the data
accessed in a serial/sequential way or some other technique
is used?

What does Googling for "flash memory theory operation" return to you?

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

"I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian
because I hate vegetables!"
unknown