zeroconf?

Hello,

after having got working my wlan-card with ndsiwrapper and WPA2  working I
have a problem.
After a while of working fine the wlan card disconnect from the network,
especially when working without access to the internet for a while. (The
card is used to connect to a DSL-router)

The card is still present with fixed IP and wpa_supplicant is still running.
The only difference I see is that route doesnt?t show the same things.
The default gateway is only shown by IP while before it was seen by name (a
DSL-Router). The logs do not show anything.
I presume that avahi-autoip daemon is respsonible for that situation. I
tried to swicht that off by disabling avahi-daemon at all. However, my eth0
(also present in the machine) still is configured by avahi-autoip (wlan0
doesn?t show autoconfiguration). I think this is the problem.
Now my question:
How can I switch off this dammed autoconfiguration of network cards in
Ubuntu 7.10 which always changes my manual settings.

Thanks for any help in advance

Harry