Re: Converting 3gp to avi

Rico Secada wrote:
On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 18:35:14 +0000
Mark Clarkson <mark.clarkson@smorg.co.uk> wrote:

On Mon, 2007-12-31 at 20:59 +0000, Mark Clarkson wrote:
On Mon, 2007-12-31 at 19:48 +0100, Rico Secada wrote:
Thanks, but this seems to need some unsupported codecs or
something?
I needed to do this the other way, avi to 3gp, and had to download
the latest ffmpeg from subversion as the debian-multimedia
repository didn't have 3gp compiled in. I used the following
configure line:

./configure --enable-libx264 --enable-gpl --enable-libfaac
--enable-libmp3lame --enable-libamr-nb --enable-libxvid

Hope this helps!
Mark.
After the build you could try this if you're using GNOME (it just came
up in my RSS feeds):

http://www.gnomefiles.org/app.php?soft_id=1885

Winff is a frontend for FFMPEG. It will convert most any video file
that FFmpeg will convert. WinFF does multiple files in multiple
formats at one time. You can for example convert mpeg's, flv's, and
mov's, all into avi's all at once.
You need a fully enabled ffmpeg to make full use if winff.

The screenshot shows 3gp but I've not tried it. It would be good to
know how well it works...

Thanks Mark, I will look into it. Your reply has been very helpful.