Re: How to filter out mailing list spam with bogofilter

On Wednesday 09 January 2008 22:03, John Hasler wrote:
> Nigel Henry writes:
> > I am genuinly trying to resolve the problem of filtering out spam, that
> > occasionally turns up on mailing lists. As I've said bogofilter works
> > fine with non mailing list spam, but something extra is needed to deal
> > with mailing list spam.
>
> I find that Spamassassin works fine on spam that comes via mailing-lists.
> Do you somehow have the lists whitelisted?
>
> --
> John Hasler

No Whitelisting. Bogofilter was setup in it's default configuration with
it's a bit of a lost cause at the moment.

Maybe I should just leave things as they are. The only mailing lists I've had
spam problems with are the Debian lists, and on both occasions the problem
was resolved within 2 or 3 days. Not a problem really, but I was just trying
to see if bogofilter could deal with spam from a mailing list, where normally
all the mail that came from the mailing list was hammy, and bogofilter was
saying that anything from the Debian lists was ham, because usually it is.

Thanks for the reply.

Nigel.