Re: Anyone run nvidia driver + latest xorg 7.3?

On 01/05/08 08:40, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Hi,

I am getting an X server crash after upgrading xorg on Sid to 7.3:

<snip>

Just to report back: I resolved this by installing:
ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/96.43.01/

I had to change 1 item to enable running it on 2.6.23-1-686:

line 529 should be:
        kmem_cache = kmem_cache_create(name, sizeof(type),      \
                        0, 0, NULL);                            \

What file?

That solved the problem of the backleveled ABI *and* the moving cursor that I reported in:

Thanks everyone for offering suggestions. In the meantime I took Ron Johnson's suggestion and asked my daughter to bring me 2 GeForce series 6 cards, when she comes down.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

"I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian
because I hate vegetables!"
unknown