1024x768 tiny hard to read

Dear Debian, I now own a LCD monitor that shall be used in its Native
Resolution of 1024x768. It replaces a CRT that was 800x600.

Now everything is so tiny and hard to read.

Given that I am determined to run my LCD in its Native Resolution,
what do I do to make everything now have bigger fonts, all with one
command? xorg.conf and xrandr I hereby declare off-limits.
/usr/share/doc/fontconfig is above my head.

I use xdm, icewm, emacs, xterm, iceweasel mostly.

Certainly there is one single line I can stick in some configuration
file (.xsession, .Xresources?) to make all theses applications and
their toolbars now have bigger fonts all at once, no?