Re: Any good todo manager?

Rick Dooling <rpdooling@gmail.com> writes:

> On Jan 3, 2:20 am, Allan Wind <allan_w...@lifeintegrity.com> wrote:
>
>> I use vim with todo.txt file for personal tasks, and enable folding for
>> this file so I only see the top-level tasks by default.
>
> Same goes for contact management. Vim + text file. Less is more. Worse
> is better.

I use Emacs org-mode (which comes with emacs22 package) for todo and
bbdb (needs separate install) for contact management.

Org-mode homepage:
http://orgmode.org/

Emacs-wiki Org-Mode Page:
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/OrgMode

Emacs-wiki BBDB page:
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/CategoryBbdb#BBDB

Another option for todos is Emacs Planner.
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/PlannerMode

All these options are integrated with other Emacs software like
e-mail, news etc. You can create todos directly from e-mail and follow
hyperlinks to necessary resources etc.

Best,

E.