Re: cups server on lenny system no accessible

On Tue, Jan 01, 2008 at 23:50:28 +0100, Rainer Dorsch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I recently replace an etch system with a cups server running with a lenny
> system. In the cupsd.conf I modified this part:
>
> # Show shared printers on the local network.
> Browsing On
> BrowseProtocols cups
> BrowseAddress 192.168.1.255
> BrowseAllow 192.168.1.*
              ^^^^^^^^^^^
Does the "*" wildcard work in IP addresses? (I only know about its use
in hostnames, e.g. *.example.tld.)

I would try "192.168.1.0/8" or "192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0". In fact, as
a first test I would check if it works with "BrowseAllow all".

> BrowseInterval 30
> BrowsePort 631
> BrowseOrder allow,deny
> #BrowseAllow all
>
> # Default authentication type, when authentication is required...
> DefaultAuthType Basic
>
> # Restrict access to the server...
> <Location />
>   Order allow,deny
>   Allow localhost
>   Allow @LOCAL
>   # rd, 20080101
>   Allow 192.168.1.*
          ^^^^^^^^^^^
          same here

> </Location>
>

> A Debian etch system is a cups client only and uses the directive
>
> ServerName 192.168.1.10
>
> in its client.conf. The 192.168.1.10 is the server IP and works well e.g. with
> a standard ssh connection (i.e I have no basic networking problem).
>
> The client cannot access the server and there is not even a message in the
> server logfile. The client gets an "Unable to connect to server". None of the
> systems has a firewall running.

[...]

          Florian   |