build dependency removal

Hi,

I am implementing a script that installs packages for Etch in a chroot.
However, there are a couple of packages in Sid that I need.  I download the
source and the build dependencies via:

	apt-get -y build-dep $i
        apt-get -y source --compile $i

I would like to remove the build dependencies from the install process
automatically.  Other than doing a dpkg --get-selections prior to the build
and after the build and removing the differences, is there a way to use dpkg
to show what the build dependicies are and removing them via dpkg -P ?

I am aware of pbuilder, but since I am installing in a chroot, I wasn't sure
how pbuilder would work in a chroot.

Thanks,

John Schmidt