Re: VNC install--possible dependency error?

On Fri, Oct 05, 2007 at 09:04:45AM -0700, Steve Lamb <grey@dmiyu.org> was heard to say:
> Daniel Burrows wrote:
> >   Looks like a mistake to me.  I'd think suggesting vnc-server, or maybe
> > (say) "tightvncserver | vnc-server", would be just fine.  OTOH, tightvnc
> > has protocol extensions and works better with its own server, so that
> > suggestion isn't entirely silly.
>
>     Actually I think the whole suggests is a mistake.  The whole idea is that
> the client is to connect to a remote machine running the server.  Suggesting
> the server on the local machine does no good.

  Well, IIRC you can use VNC on a local machine to get a detachable X
session a la screen.  I don't know if this use case is common enough to
justify a Suggests, though.

  Daniel