Re: Weird modem behavior.

On 10/04/2007 11:51 PM, bobula wrote:
Hello,

Since a few days, I have been experiencing a strange modem behavior. I am running lenny and I connect to the internet with an external Robotics dial up modem. I have never had problem with this modem before but since a few days the modem got erratic, it randomly disconnects and when I reconnect it goes to nowhere. This puzzled me and I discovered a lock file in the var/lock directory. The name of the file is Lck...ttyS0. I had to delete the this file, to be able to reconnect again. But sometimes it works without deleting this file. Other times not. Strange; there are times when I can surf half an hour without problem then suddenly I get disconnected. The lock file it seems appear when I reconnect. I do not understand what's going on here. I have never had this problem before. I would appreciate if someone who understand the problem could advise me how to proceed with the solution.
Thanks alot.
jmak

Here is my dmesg output.

mak@debian:~$ dmesg [...]

What programs are you running when these disconnects occur? Use different programs while you're online and see if the problems continue.

Did these problems start right after an upgrade?

Check the wiring in your environment. Your phone cord may be partially pulled out or damaged.

Please tame your Yahoo mailreader; your post contained a lot of junk text which is annoying to deal with; this is what your post looked like to everyone else on this list: