Conducting an install via ssh

Hello,
I have been given an ibook with dead graphics, I can install OSX on it with firewire (to test it works), but wish to install debian. As the graphics are dead, I cant do a normal install. As it doesn't have a serial port, I cant control the install that way, so I wanted to use debian-installer's network-console.

My aim is to create a bootable install cd that will automatically (without requiring any keypresses) start debian installer and it's sshd/network console, then wait for me to connect to the machine via ssh to continue the install.

As I understand it the steps are:

1. Get daily-ppc-netinst-iso, mount, copy contents to working dir [ok]
2. Modify  yaboot.conf to select a kernel automatically [ok]
3. Write preseed.conf
4. Put preseed.conf in initrd root [ok]
5. Burn new bootable iso.

The problems are with steps 3 and 5.

3.
I haven't been able to find information about starting network console with preseed.cfg, but have created this attempt from the examples that are available.

---------------preseed.cfg:

#### Contents of the preconfiguration file
### Localization
# Locale sets language and country.
d-i debian-installer/locale string en_GB

# Keyboard selection.
d-i console-keymaps-at/keymap select us

### Network configuration
# netcfg will choose an interface that has link if possible. This makes it
# skip displaying a list if there is more than one interface.
d-i netcfg/choose_interface select auto

# Any hostname and domain names assigned from dhcp take precedence over
# values set here. However, setting the values still prevents the questions
# from being shown, even if values come from dhcp.
d-i netcfg/get_hostname string newdebian
d-i netcfg/get_domain string local

# Disable that annoying WEP key dialog.
d-i netcfg/wireless_wep string
# The wacky dhcp hostname that some ISPs use as a password of sorts.
#d-i netcfg/dhcp_hostname string radish

d-i preseed/early_command string anna-install network-console

# Setup ssh password
d-i network-console/password password install
d-i network-console/password-again password install

--------------
Is there anything else I need to add to start a network console?
I haven't tried this yet due to problems with step 5.

5.
http://people.debian.org/~osamu/hackdi/ch-d-i.html Mentions that for isolinux, a bootable iso can be made with a command like:

	mkisofs -o new.iso -r \
               -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -c isolinux/boot.cat \
               -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 \
               -boot-info-table /mnt/image

I presume "yaboot" is the replacement for yaboot.bin, does anyone know what the replacement for boot.cat is? - I cant find boot.cat in the ppc iso.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and for any assistance.

Hugh