Re: Major application resource leaks in Etch

On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 06:14:03PM -0700, Daniel Burrows wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 30, 2007 at 10:44:48PM -0500, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> was heard to say:
> > Doug is absolutely correct.  Putting a 30MB file into the clipboard
> > is going to is a lot of resources.
>
>   It'll use a lot of resources -- but if I understood the OP correctly,
> the resources weren't being released when the file was removed from the
> clipboard.  That sounds like a bug to me.

not following this thread, but putting 30M in the clipboard is sure to
be a little, ummmm, strenuous. And pasting it somewhere doesn't remove
it from the clipboard, just copies into whatever poor app happened to
get the paste. So in theory, there are now three copies of that
monster clipboard floating around 1) in the original app, 2) in the
clipboard, and 3) in the new app. THat's 90M of extra stuff just
floating around in memory.