Re: OT: Amazon DRM-free MP3 Downloads

Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> writes:

> On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 09:12:14AM -0500, cothrige wrote:
>
> http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/09/25/1951219
> http://slashdot.org/articles/07/09/26/1748213.shtml
> http://apple.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/09/30/0148246&from=rss
>
> I know. I'm sick. please help me.
>
> ;-)

Ah, you see, I don't follow the right sites anymore.  Slashdot used to
hold some interest for me, but it just seems to have drifted into a
different style these days.  Of course, maybe I am the one that
drifted. :-)

> My understanding is that it works just fine with linux for individual
> tracks, but not for the full album which requires their special
> downloader. but that's hearsay from the above articles.

Downloading a single track definitely worked okay on my end, though I
didn't try an album, yet.  Overall, less impulse usually to do that
anyway.  I usually look at these mp3 downloads when I only like one or
two songs on an album, otherwise I like all the packaging and artwork
that comes with a standard disc.  That is just me though.

Thanks for the heads up on the above articles.

Patrick