Problems with mdadm and a usb harddrive.

Hi everybody,

I have a question that I was hoping someone could help with. I'm using a RAID5 for storage. 3 disks. However, 2 of the discs are internal, and 1 is an external usb drive. When I restart the machine, /dev/sda1 (the usb drive) is never brought back up with the rest of the drive, and it's in a degraded state. It seems to do this (off of dmesg) because the usb drive is brought up after the raid5 is brought up. Is there any way to delay the startup of the raid5 until after usb drives are seen?

Thanks!
William Lynch