Re: Trouble with downloaded images...

On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 05:43:15PM -0000, blues wrote:
> I just dl'ed the latest release from www.debian.org.  The first CD
> (debian-40r1-i386-CD-1) seems to be corrupted...so I used the torrent
> link and tried to download the CD again, and still cannot get a clean
> install....Any suggestions??

Assuming that its the same size, somewhere there's probably a one-bit
error.  The easist fix is to install rsync on the box you're downloading
to and then use an rsync mirror to fix the image.  Rsync only downloads
the difference between the files.  You can find rsync mirrors listed on
the debian mirrors page.

Doug.