Re: Motherboard Recommendation

On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 06:46:47PM -0400, Eric Estes wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a good AMD (socket A2 - Athlon 64 X2) motherboard
> that has good Linux support? I'm sending back my Shuttle to newegg and
> need a replacement asap.

I'm running an Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe that has an AM2 socket.  I have an
AMD Athlon64 3800+ in it.  It will take 8 GB ram, 7 on-board SATA ports,
one eSATA port, 10 USB ports (6 for the front, 4 on the rear), firewire,
great sound, one IDE controller, one serial port.  It has the board
connector for a Parallel port but the actual riser to take it to the
back panel costs more than a USB-LPT converter.

So far, everything works great on standard Debian Etch.

Doug.