Cannot run iceweasel on remote host

Hi,

I am facing a weird problem when trying to run iceweasel on a remote host through an ssh session. I have logged into the remote host using "ssh -Y <remote>" and at the prompt of the remote host, I ran iceweasel. However it appears that a local instance of iceweasel is started. There is no iceweasel/firefox process at all on the remote host. The only way I could get iceweasel to run on the remote host is by closing all instances of iceweasel already running on the localhost.

Is something wrong? If not, how do I run separate instances of iceweasel concurrently?

Both the systems run on etch, iceweasel-2.0.0.3

Thanks,
Raj Kiran