Re: webcam html and ftp servers: restricting access

On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 03:58:26PM -0500, Russell L. Harris wrote:
> I am planning to run a remote machine (running Debian "testing") with
> a webcam for monitoring a remote location.
>
> I plan to use apache2 to serve images which I can view from any
> machine.

depending on your needs, you might look at motion (its packaged for
debian). It includes a tiny little webserver that will stream images
and allow remote control of the app. I just reviewed the manpage of
motion and it includes some configurable stuff as far as ports (not
https, though) so you may be able to use ssh tunneling to make it work
securely.