Re: [FIXED] Re: lirc on Debian with AMD64

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007, Greg Vickers wrote:

> OK, I found out that Debian Etch uses a new input layer, and that the IR
> inputs are in /dev/input/eventX where X corresponds the event number of
> your input devices in 'cat /proc/bus/input/devices'
>
> So my IR device is /dev/input/event1, instead of /dev/lirc or /dev/lirc0.

Just a heads-up, that event number could easily change from boot to boot.
You can preserve your sanity by making a udev rule like the following and
put it (or a symlink) in "/etc/udev/rules.d/"

KERNEL=="event[0-9]", ATTRS{name}=="cx88 IR *", SYMLINK+="lirc%n"

I *think* that rule should work for you Hauppauge card, but I'm making an
educated guess on the 'ATTRS{name}=="cx88 IR *"' bit.

You can confirm/correct the rule by running the following as root:
  % udevinfo -a -p `udevinfo -q path -n /dev/input/event1`
where event1 is the lirc dev you want.  Hopefully the appropriate match
rule is self-explanatory.  '*' behaves as a shell-like wildcard.

-- Brad