Re: webmail for low-end VPS

John K Masters wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a webmail app suitable for a low-end VPS. I already
> have Postfix/Courier setup.
>
> It looks like I have three choices:
> 1. Squirrelmail
> 2. Roundcube
> 3. Imp4/Horde
>
> I have used squirrelmail before and was not impressed but have heard
> that Imp4 is resource hungry. That leaves Roundcube, of which I have no
> experience. Any suggestions?
>
> Regards, John

My webhost is testing Roundcube and asked me to try it out. I took a
quick look:

I would say it is still in alpha stages because of various
inconsistencies in features. E.g. if you delete an email using the "Send
to Trash" button it ended up in the Trash only a few times while all
other times it just disappeared! The AJAXified(hence needs Javascript)
interface sometimes goes crazy with selecting a whole lot of text on the
page. One can't define filters yet. It doesn't have a pretty editor for
composing email. I only use text email but some of your users might want
rich text.

/KS