OT: QEMU Package faster

This question is really Really REALLY off topic!

I administer my girl friend's Debian machine for her, but do
not run Debian myself. I installed QEMU on my machine (Fedora
Core) from source, and installed the Debian release on hers.
She's pretty happy now running some stuff. But I noticed that
on her machine, QEMU does not eat lots of CPU, while on my
machine, it eats the machine. I've copied the exact raw image
disc from her machine to mine, but QEMU eats my CPU.

I wonder what changes the Debian release team made to QEMU
to make it run nicer. Does anyone know?

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.