size and position of iceweasel window

Is there a way to make the iceweasel window consistently pop up at the same
position every time?  I've been unable to control this.  I'm calling
Iceweasel 2.0.0.4 from an xterm under the fvwm-2.5.18-3 window manager.
Adding a line like this to ~/.Xresources worked for Netscape but is ignored
by iceweasel:

  Netscape.Navigator.geometry: 800x977+773+87

I tried removing the localstore.rdf file, which I gather can get corrupted,
but that didn't fix anything.

I also haven't been able to call a window of a given size.  A command like

  iceweasel -width 300 -height 300

brings up my usual 800x980 iceweasel window.  I have that size listed in
prefs.js, but it is also ignored as far as I can tell.  If a site resizes my
iceweasel window and I close it, I get a window of whatever the last size
was, not what's specified in prefs.js.

Thanks.