Re: What's this error message telling me?

On 06/17/07 14:22, Telly Williams wrote:
Florian Kulzer wrote:

I think that depends on how restrictive your SELinux setup is. Can you
turn SELinux off and try to install slib again?

Whoa. I did 'echo 0 >/selinux/enforce' and now everything works, including Open Office. Thanks Florian.

I just began using SELinux and trying to understand how everything works. Why wouldn't it let me install slib while I was root? Is it that there's no such thing as a Super User in SELinux? ~Telly

Turning off SELinux doesn't tell you *why* SELinux complained.

Monitoring syslog with SELinux active while trying to install the package will (try to) tell you what kind of policy you need.

Red Hat is writing some sort of policy assistant that should help in situations like this.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA