Re: Browsers can connect but Konqueror not (Was: What is ASSERT: "!icon.isEmpty()" ?)

On Wednesday 06 June 2007 14:43, Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:

> > > Search through ~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/ and
> > > ~/.kde/share/config/konquerorrc trying to find anything that looks
> > > clearly wrong.
> > >
> > > I might just backup ~/.kde/ to a temporary location and blow away those
> > > configuration directories and files, but you should try the more
> > > conservative approach first.
> >
> > I moved .kde to .kde_backup, restart Konqueror but had same problem !?!
> >
> > I'll make closer comparison between fresh new working user versus
> > non-working user on the files mentioned by Mumia just here before and
> > keep you in touch later today (I'm not on my Debian machine yet).
>
> Look for differences between all the startup files of both users:
> .bashrc, .bash_profile, .bash_aliases, .X*, .x*.  Also, try clearing out
> stuff in /var/tmp/kdecache-user.
>
> Justin case KDE is being sneaky, rename that .kde_backup to badkde.
>
> I don't know what WM/DTE you're using, but try logging out, having root
> move/rename the .kde stuff, then log back in.
>
> Doug.

I deleted and re-created the user. Now it works.

Note: I do not want to start any flame here against Debian.
I'm a real Linux lover : I come from a Fedora system and simply decided to
install few days ago Debian Etch-4 to give a try after reading that it was
(after a long delay it seems) available in a stable status and because, after
all, Debian is at the origin of so popular distros like (K)Ubuntu.
But I have to admit (once again : I really do not want to start here any flame
and I really respect Debian) that such problem is cumbersome.

Bye,
Bruno Costacurta